Friday, September 11, 2009

Doctor Visit


Charlotte had her 6 month check up this week. She weighed 17 pounds 10 ounces and was 26 inches long. She is in the 73rd percentile for weight and 60th percentile for height. In comparison, at 6 months Luke was 19 pounds 2 ounces and 27.5 inches long. So she is a little bit smaller but still good sized for her age. She had to get some vaccinations at her appointment so that was not fun. She slept really good that evening but then had a really fussy following day at the babysitter's house so I felt bad for her! Last night she woke up crying like she was in pain and she never seems to get upset like that so I was really freaking out at 11pm. I tried getting J.W. to help me figure out what was wrong but he barely opened his eyes and obviously thought it was my problem to deal with and worry about! I tried various things to help her calm down and then decided MAYBE she was teething and dug out some homeopathic teething tablets. Has anyone else used these before? It seems odd but after giving her a few of those she did calm down and go back to sleep! I was so relieved!!! I can't see or feel any teeth emerging but she has been chewing like crazy and she is 6 months so maybe the teeth are coming in finally. I guess time will tell!
Charlotte is crawling alllllllll over the place now with her belly crawl. She can spot any tiny speck of dirt (*GASP* yes I said dirt) or paper or whatever is on the floor and can get to it within seconds. Maybe this will motivate us to vacuum more often! ha! It's mostly little bits of leaves that Cooper brings inside or shreds of paper/toys that Cooper has managed to rip up! Don't we have a wonderful pet? Charlotte also likes to go for Luke's toys including his matchbox cars and transformers. Big brother does not really appreciate this!
Charlotte has had rice cereal off and on for the last few weeks and then two nights ago we started sweet potatoes. She gave me the cutest look when I gave her the veggie for the first time and she looked like she liked it! However, after a few bites she refused to open her mouth. We tried it again tonight and she ate a little more but still ended up just refusing to open her mouth after awhile. Maybe she isn't that hungry!?! I guess we will try carrots and see if she likes those!

3 comments:

Pamela on September 12, 2009 at 6:57 PM said...

We have used the Hyland's Teething Tablets for our three boys, and they work wonderfully. I have heard that clove oil works well, too.

Anonymous said...

I love Hylands also. These are wonderful and made my life so much easier with the nightly fussiness from her teeth hurting. I highly recommend them

Rotten on September 20, 2009 at 7:53 PM said...

Ya for our growing girls!!

 

Keeping up with the Kompagnes Copyright © 2009 • Designed by GrudgeMom