Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Here we go again!

The blood pressure has started creeping up on me again! aghhh I am so discouraged because the doctors had said that was more likely to happen in a first pregnancy and not to worry about it. I was really hoping to go to my due date and work up until then and have the baby when she is ready and in position on her own! (Hopefully avoiding the horrible delivery that Lukey had). Right now, I am just hoping for the best and everything stays healthy with the baby no matter what happens. Monday I went to the doctor and my BP was a little higher than it has been running but not in a danger zone or anything. Then Tuesday I felt miserable at the end of the day... hot, tired, foggy, little jabs of stomach pains, and lots of irregular contractions. Then last night I couldn't stay asleep because of the painful pins and needles in both of my wrists. This morning at school my hands started doing pins and needles while I was working with kids. Then my tongue got all numb and then I thought the lights were bothering me but then realized I was having a hard time focusing my vision... not a good sign! So the nurse at school checked my BP and it was 138/100 and that bottom number is probably what was doing me in. I went to the doctor later in the afternoon and it was back to 128/88. They did a quick ultrasound to check the baby and luckily everything looked good with her. I didn't get to see her little face but I saw rounded out baby arms and limbs. It looks so much different than the 20 week ultrasound where they are so little and scrawny! The doctor saw good signs that the baby was doing alright but he said I need to take it easy and not return to work. I go again for my regular checkup on Monday afternoon. I am guessing they will just keep monitoring the BP and try to keep from inducing before the 38 week mark. I will do my best to relax and try to keep this baby inside until she is ready to come out.
In other news, last week for one night and then tonite we have a horrible sulfur/septic smell in our bedroom which a plumber/friend/neighbor will be out to look at tomorrow. Both times it has happened it has been a rainy day so that probably has something to do with it. I am hoping he can figure out what it is and doesn't cost a fortune to fix and is not dangerous to our health! We will be avoiding the rooms with the smell.
Luke said byebye to his baby mullet tonite. Daddy gave him a big boy haircut or at least the back trimmed (his first haircut!) I took some pre and post pics to post on here. I loved the baby mullet. Luke had a cool one. I realized it may need to be cut when it was referred to as a "joe dirt haircut" by a friend and others made comments as well! We thought he better have a respectable haircut since he is going to be a big brother soon.
Of course then on top of my health issues, the haircut, and in the midst of the sulfur smell investigation... Luke had just gotten out of the bath and in his jammies when he had diarrhea and it was leaking out of his diaper and into the footie jammies!!! aghh... oh what a night! Now that he has finally been bathed again and has been put down to bed I can finally relax and probably just go to bed myself!


Kathryn on February 19, 2009 at 8:51 AM said...

I hope you're feeling better now that you can stay at home. I have to see pictures of Luke minus the mullet!


Keeping up with the Kompagnes Copyright © 2009 • Designed by GrudgeMom